After working with Le Theatre des Ombres in Toulouse for 10 years I have now decided to create my own theatre company :
The Dancing Firefly
Our speciality is shadow work although other related fields of interest include storytelling, music making, mask work and clown.
I have created six shows for children :
- The Princess Labam (an Indian Tale)
- The Fisherman and His Wife (Brothers Grimm)
- The Story of Perseus (Greek Myth)
- Ombure The Crocodile (African Tale)
- Shadowplay (original creation)
- The Two Brothers (Sicilian Tale)
I have performed at The Avignon Festival, The Festival Incanti (Turin, Italy), St Aubin (Toulouse), The Venice Carnival, and The Hannover Shadow Festival. Before going into puppetry I trained as an actor with Rene Gouzenne (Toulouse), Maurice Sarrazin (Paris) and Philippe Gaulier (London).
I aim to create a world in which children can have the freedom to dream and develop their imagination. Shows are often appreciated by adults as well!